Our pack is constantly monitored by our highly qualified staff members. Jim, Mike and Mindy combined have over 29,000 hours experience working in our pack. Mike is a Certified Professional Dog Trainer. Mindy is a Certified Professional Groomer and Stylist through Nash Academy and also educated in dog behavior.
From the thorough evaluation, extended trial period, through the many daycare and boarding days to follow you can feel safe knowing that your dog is being looked after, cared for and loved by people that not only love dogs, but have their best interests in mind. Unlike other places, our pack is made up of happy dogs of all sizes, breeds and play styles. We offer a “Real World” daycare and boarding solution. This is possible because of our educated staff, careful screening process and large facility. Furthermore, by requiring a minimum of twice monthly daycare visits and only boarding our existing and approved daycare visitors our dogs stay comfortable, safe and happy. Our guidance, supervision and consistency with each dog and its individual needs, pave the way for a stress free boarding and daycare experience.
You Lucky Dog! caters to friendly and well socialized dogs that enjoy playing, running, sunning and spending time with other great dogs. Our large indoor/outdoor facilities offer a great place for your pup to stay fit and healthy in any weather, while our staff teaches and works your dog’s mind and body. We believe physical stimulation alone doesn’t make a good doggy daycare. We are committed to teaching and using regular manners and positive reinforcement to help your dog, and others, to get the most out of each day with us.
Our evaluation process has been in development since 2005 to ensure each and every dog’s safety, comfort and happiness. We evaluate a maximum of six new dogs a week. This is done to maintain a stress free environment and make sure every new dog gets the individual attention it needs to settle in with us. After your dog passes its initial evaluation day, it may take three to four additional visits for your dog to totally settle in and become part of our pack. During these few trial days we will communicate each dog’s progress and help set up a training plan to make this transition easy and positive. Evaluations are available Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of each week by appointment only. Please keep in mind a minimum of two weeks is needed to process, evaluate and situate a dog for any boarding stays.
What defines a typical daycare day? Some daycares would have you believe it’s short play sessions and staying isolated in a crate or run all day. Not at You Lucky Dog! Below is a break down of our consistent daily schedule. Both daycare dogs and boarding dogs share the same schedule, large play areas, staff attention and leadership.
- 6:00-6:15 am - Boarding dogs go outside to stretch, wake up and potty
- 6:30 am - Breakfast is served!
- 7:00-8:30 am - Our doors are open for drop off and pick up. All dogs head out to see their friends, sniff, potty and play for 15-20 minutes then head to a crate.
- 8:30 am - All dogs head out to play together as a group. We do this as a group to reduce stress and excitement and avoid numerous individual introductions. Our pack settles together very quickly and can get right to playing.
- 11:15 am - We begin crating dogs for nap, passing out lunch, treats and fresh water.
- 11:30 am-1:30 pm - We are closed for nap. All dogs sleep or rest quietly and listen to good music.
- 1:30 pm - We, as a group, all head back out to play until mom and dad come to pick us up. Young puppies and some teenage dogs will get 20-30 minute naps as needed in the afternoon to avoid getting too tired or playing too hard.
- 4:30-5:30 pm - Dinner time!
- 7:00 pm - Last call for pick up. Treats, fresh water and comfy blankets are passed out to our boarding dogs as they head to their crates for a rest.
- 9:00 pm-? - One last play and potty break before bedtime for boarding dogs and a staff member.